Wednesday 30 December 2009

Packed and ready?

ready to leave for the airport, looking at my bag and bike box that contains all I will need to cycle the length of an entire country in 2 weeks.

Not quite true actually, as I will need a whole dose of luck as well. Its obvious that what im trying to do can't 'really' be trained for or visualised as I have no experience of such long distance cycling. I know I can cycle 160km in a day - easy. I know i can back that up with another 160km the next day, and the next.

After that its in the lap of the gods - i will be broaching new ground with every meter swum, biked or run.

My main fears are illness or injury preventing me from completing my main goal: completion of all the camp minimums. In my next post (from NZ!) i'll go through the daily schedules and my thoughts about how to approach this monster.

right now all i can think about is "what have I forgotten to pack"

No comments:

Post a Comment